Abbott Freestyle Libre Sensor
The FreeStyle Libre System is a sensor-based glucose monitoring device used to measure glucose levels day and night and helps you manage your highs and lows. You can take as many glucose readings as you want while you wear the sensor – it even scans through clothes.
The sensor stores 8-hours of continuous data. That means that you only need a minimum of three scans per day to obtain a full 24 hour glycemic profile. This enables you to make more informed decisions about your diabetes management. It is approved for people with diabetes including children age 4-years and above, adults, and pregnant women.
Please be advised this is the Abbott Libre 1 Version of this product.
- Conveniently checks your glucose with a painless 1-second scan
- Small and discreet
- Easy to apply and comfortable to wear for up to 14 days
- Continuously measures the glucose concentration in your interstitial fluid, and stores 8 hours of data.
- It is factory calibrated so no user finger prick calibration is required to calibrate it
- Water resistant up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes. It can be worn while bathing, swimming, and exercising
- Can be scanned through clothing with a Freestyle Libre reader or with FreeStyle LibreLink app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Assists you in seeing glucose trends and patterns to help you make insulin dosing decisions
Make sure that you are purchasing a Libre for your country or region. We cannot refund purchases made outside the region.
Technical support for the Freestyle Libre in the UAE is provided by the Abbott Freestyle Libre team. Please call 800 017 8174 (Sun-Thurs 9:00 to 17:00) for any questions.
For Educational Support, or if you are new to Freestyle Libre in the UAE, please contact the Fresstyle Libre educator team. Patients or caregivers can contact educators team at the same number (Sun-Thurs 9:00 to 17:00) or visit freestylediabetesme.com for an online educational experience.
Width: 5.80 CM
A finger prick test using a glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood levels or if hypoglycaemia is reported by the system or when symptoms do not match the systems readings.
Always check with your physician or diabetes team before starting any new treatment or using a medical device. Any medical device should be used as prescribed by a qualified physician.
Reach out to the Abbott Freestyle Libre customer service and educators for any questions or queries, or to schedule an education session.