How to Coach Patients With Diabetes - A 12-Hour Workshop For Physicians & Healthcare Practitioners
Most doctors and healthcare practitioners who work in the diabetes space are clinically very good. They are well trained and up to date with the latest studies about diabetes, however they rarely have time to get training about how to better coach their patients to address the life-long challenges of the condition.
Diabetes is a chronic condition, but yet it is still so often treated with an acute mind-set. Patients look to doctors for answers. But, with a chronic condition like diabetes that needs to be managed 24/7, patients need to be able to manage by themselves when they cannot contact their healthcare providers. The patient must take charge of their own health to manage successfully.
In this 2-Day Workshop for physicians and healthcare practitioners attendees will learn:
- Coaching Foundations
- Why should we even coach patients?
- How to apply coaching techniques in a medical practice
- How to help patients define a vision
- How to better support patients to achieve goals
- Motivational Techniques
- Follow Up & Assessment of the Patient's Goals - not the clinical ones.
- ...and more!