Nutrition for Diabetes Management Health Coaching Session
Nutrition for Diabetes Management Health Coaching
If you have a new diabetes diagnosis and you are unsure of how to manage this change in your life, a Diapoint Diabetes Health Coach can help. We will guide you to manage your nutrition and understand the fundamental principles of managing diabetes nutrition.
This health coaching session with a Diapoint Diabetes Health Coach can be purchased as a single 90-minute session, or 2 x 45-minute sessions.
In the 90-minute session, everything below will be covered.
In each 45-minute session, we will cover parts 1 and 2 separately. If you wish to purchase your coaching session in 2 parts, please select the 45-minute option, then return to select another 45-minute session after your first session.
What to expect from this session:
- Nutrition Assessment (Your current diet & food habits)
- What is a healthy diet?
- Reading food labels
- Carb counting
- Portion Control (scale & hand measurements)
- Swapping, substituting and eating out
- Diet Goals and creating new habits to support your goals (Dr. Recommendations) Hb1ac etc.
- Healthy Lifestyle Discussion
- Quick assessment of your current diet and food habits.
- Discussion about your last Hb1Ac/ time in range report.
- Go through your goals and doctors recommendations for Hb1Ac.
What is a healthy diet?
- Food Groups Discussion: The 5 Food groups and why they are important for a healthy and balanced diet.
- Introduction to Macronutrients (Fat, Protein, carbohydrates) and how they behave when we eat them.
- The difference between simple & complex carbohydrates
- Understanding Fiber
- How to swap, balance and eat out.
Understanding how insulin works in the body
Reading food labels:
- Learn how to read food labels and how to calculate them
- Understanding the ingredient list
- Sugars and its many “hidden” names
- Portions and serving sizes
- Carb counting
- How to use a food scale, and different measuring cups
- Using your hand as a tool for measurement
A healthy diet is part of a healthy lifestyle but it is not just about what we eat…
Sleep, exercise and managing stress and much more are also important factors!