This also covers the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which went into effect on 25 May 2018. GDPR is a standardized user data protection framework which operates across Europe and imposes obligations on organizations, like Diapoint, that handle the personal data of people in the European Economic Area.
This page briefly explains what Diapoint is doing to work towards GDPR compliance.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device may be collected. As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products viewed, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store and they have their own set of policies about how they use that. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
GDPR stands for “The General Data Protection Regulation” a privacy law from the European Union that went into effect May 25, 2018. Even though it is a European Union law, we pay close attention to all matters about your personal data no matter where you are in the world. We value your visit to our site and we take the handling of your personal information very seriously.
As required by GDPR, we would like to further note the following:
- Diapointshop processes data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Diapointshop collects data for legitimate and explicit purposes for specified uses, which are included in our T.O.S.
- Diapointshop allows its users to agree or disagree to its policies and terms with their desired consent.
- Diapointshop process the data limited to the purpose for which it is collected.i.e. It is used for intended purpose only.
- Diapointshop assures the correctness and accurateness of the data collected.
- Diapointshop assures that the data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
- Customers have choice to agree or disagree to be added to diapointshop email list to receive latest offers, blogs and product updates.
- If you are a European resident, you have the right to access your personal information and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information could be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
PROTECTING YOUR DATA
We protect your data and personal information with a variety of security measures.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted securely and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
While many of the products on this site could be used by a minor, please be aware of the legal requires for online shopping in your country or state. As per GDPR, 16 years of age is no longer a minor, unless other territories have deemed it to be 13 years of age. We keep only necessary data on adults and do not collect data on minors. Minors should be shopping online with their parents or legal guardians, or with parents’ and guardians’ consent.
If you have any questions or feedback about our privacy practices, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Diapoint Para Pharmaceuticals Products Trading LLC
B2B Tower #2010, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
+971 4 874 7266